1. A Cure for Laundry Neglect. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
2. Tame Oozy, Sappy Trees. Whether the sap is on your carpet, clothes or seeped into your skin, lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
3. Stop Grease in its Tracks. You fixed your bike. Your hands are black and greasy. Soap alone won’t remove the grease, but lemon oil mixed with your soap will. Lemon oil is a great DE-greaser!
4. Disinfect the Disgusting. Add lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and attack what may be living in your range hood, on your tables, counter tops and other surfaces. For extra chemical-free firepower, add a little vinegar.
5. Lose the Gas Mask. To clean the gunky build up in your shower go gas mask free from chemical fumes: clean with lemon oil. Just a small amount of lemon oil will go a long way in removing hard water build up.
6. Nourish Leathers. Leathers are not maintenance free. Use a lemon oil soaked cloth to preserve them, and prevent leather from splitting.
7. High Ho Silver. A lemon oil treated cloth is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver or other metals.
8. Deactivate the Sticky. Use lemon oil the next time you deal with an episode of unwanted gum in hair. Also works for removing labels, stickers or temporary tattoos.
9. Love the Luster. Bring furniture back to life by adding a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. De-Smudge Stainless. Avoid “single use” stainless steel cleaners. Multi-use lemon oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances.
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. Lemon oil cleans deeply seeping into the pores and crevices of stone to provide a “real fresh lemons” aroma.
12. Energize Toothbrushes. Add a drop of lemon and peppermint oils to revitalize your bristles and your brushing experience.
13. Quarantine Pungency. For all those less-than-desirable aromas, diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors at their source!
14. Slay Scuff and Other Marks. Use lemon and a little bit of baking soda on a cloth. Gently scrub to remove marker, crayon, or scuff marks.
15. Curtail Dank, Musty or Mildewed. Stored items often get a musty or “old smell”. Interject new life with a lemon oil wipe down.
16. Cut Out Chopping Board Bacteria Palooza. Kitchen cutting boards harbor bacteria, but typical cleaning chemicals aren’t edible. Treat boards instead to the taste of lemon! Spray liberally with lemon water.
17. Control Aphid Invasions, Naturally. Lemon oil (or peppermint) with water in a spray bottle are a natural pesticide that kills aphids and their larvae on contact, but leave plants looking lovely.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each load. Dishes will come out looking like new… spot-free!
19. Sparkling Dishes. Make your own dishwasher powder: 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, 3 Tbsp salt, 10 drops lemon oil. Mix well. Use 2 tablespoons per load.
20. Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When kitchen washcloths smell foul, add lemon oil to detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better! Cooking & Food
21. Energy Boost. For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of lemon essential oil and peppermint essential oil in a glass of water and drink up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water.
22. Zest Up Sugary Indulgences. Add lemon oil to: Lemon frosting • Lemon meringue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
23. Pep Up Entrees. Roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon garlic shrimp … or add a fresh kick to a great salad.
24. Preserve Fruit. Use in a spray to keep cut fruit fresh until serving.
Body & Mind
25. Ease Respiratory Gunkity Goop. Add lemon oil in a humidifier to slow wheezing, colds, cough, and other upper respiratory problems.
26. De-scratch Throats. A couple drops of lemon essential oil in warm water & honey can slow a nasty cough, douse a fever, fight bacteria, AND viruses.
27. Preventative Gargle. Beat the gunk before it starts. Create your own mouthwash with water, lemon and peppermint.
28. Honeylicious Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip expensive salon highlight treatments. Mix lemon oil with your own hair products. Exposure to sunlight will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
29. Fight Fungus. Lemon oil is a natural combatant for nail fungus.
30. Manage Your Mood. Lemon oil vapor possesses anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), antidepressant-like effects when used aromatically. No diffuser? Put two drops on your hand and rub between your palms and inhale.
31. Take the Heat Out of Cold Sores. Douse it with a few drops of lemon oil for relief and healing.
32. Fancy Feet. Regularly treat hard, crusty skin on your feet, (e.g. corns, calluses or bunions) with a few drops of lemon oil. The skin will soon soften.
33. Brighter Complexion. Add 4-5 drops of lemon to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade exfolliant scrub. Feels great!
34. Silence Kidney Stones. Drink 8 oz. of water per day with 1-2 drops of lemon. To pass a stone, drink 4oz. distilled water with juice of ½ lemon every 30 minutes for 6 hours.
35. Out Gout. Add lemon to drinking water (or juices/teas) throughout the day.